Arrivals: Monday, October 23rd - Evening arrival time at your discretion
Departures: Thursday, October 26th - Afternoon departures 4pm or later
You are responsible for making travel arrangements to and from Las Vegas, NV for the Digital Transformation Academy. All flights should be booked via MS Travel using the below guidelines.
Travel guidelines for Digital Transformation Academy
Your responsibilities: Microsoft's Digital Transformation Academy travel guidelines are outlined within and it is your responsibility to read and ensure you understand these guidelines. All employees registering for the Digital Transformation Academy should read the complete Microsoft Global Travel & Expense Policy. For information relating to the MSTravel program including travel agency contact information, links to Traveling Safely, and other important program details, please visit the MSTravel SharePoint site.
General Traveler Information
- Event dates: The event takes place from October 23 - 26, 2017. Please plan to arrive the evening of October 23rd at your discretion. Return flights for all Microsoft MSUS attendees should not be booked before the end of the event on October 26th, departing any time after 4:00pm, or at the direction of your OU Manager. All others attending DTA should plan departures that align with their schedules.
- When to book: Book travel immediately following your invitation and registration. Failure to do so may lead to higher airfares and limited availability of preferred and / or nonstop flight options due to the high travel demand during this time.
- How to book: You will be required to use your usual air travel booking process and select airfare and flights according to the Microsoft Global Travel Policy. NOTE: All travelers must select “INTERNAL MEETING/OFFICE VISIT” in the Purpose of Trip. The link to the Concur online booking tool and Travel Agency contacts may be found on the MSTravel SharePoint site.
- Hotels: Hotels are to be booked during the Microsoft Digital Transformation Academy registration process. Bookings made outside this process will NOT BE reimbursed.
- Personal contact details: Traveler tracking is of utmost importance to Microsoft during Microsoft Digital Transformation Academy. It is your responsibility to ensure you enter all traveler profile information correctly while registering for air bookings to ensure you may be reached in case of an emergency.
- Deviations: It is the responsibility of the employee and subsidiary to ensure that any personal deviations* are accounted for and charged accordingly (deviation = additional flights/side trips).
- Expense guidelines: Each Microsoft Digital Transformation Academy related expense should have "Digital Transformation Academy" as its purpose to ensure proper allocation to this event. For additional information on corporate travel expensing (including meal guidelines and auto rental) please see the Global Travel & Expense Policy.
- Risk management: No more than 50% of a team should be booked on any single flight. Key personnel should not be booked on the same flight (dependent on availability). Senior managers for each team should not travel on the same flight, and similarly senior corporate managers (non-executive level) should not fly together.
If you have any questions related to your MSTravel booking or guidelines, please visit the Travel page.
To help with travel arrangements, information regarding airport transfers is provided below:
Transportation to and from the airport will NOT be provided this year. Please secure your own transportation to/from your confirmed conference hotel.
Terminal 1: Taxicabs are available on the east side of baggage claim, outside door exits 1 - 4. Airport personnel are available to help queue the lines and provide assistance as needed.
Terminal 3: Taxis are conveniently located outside on Level Zero. There are 20 taxi loading positions on the west end of the building to serve domestic travelers and 10 loading positions on the east side of the building to accommodate international travelers. Quick exit lanes will allow traffic to leave the airport quickly and airport personnel are available to assist as needed. Taxicabs are also available at the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center.
Uber/Lyft: If you prefer to use a ride-share app:
Terminal 1: The Ride Share pick up is located on Level 2M of the parking garage.
From Baggage Claim, take the elevator near Door #2 up to Level 2.
Cross the pedestrian bridge on Level 2 to the Terminal 1 Parking Garage.
Terminal 3: The Ride Share pick up is located on the Valet level of the Terminal 3 parking garage.
From Baggage Claim, take the elevator near door #52, #54 or #56 up to Level 1.
Cross the pedestrian bridge on Level 1 to the Terminal 3 Parking Garage.
More information can be found on the McCarran International Airport Ground Transportation page.
As this event is mandatory for all invitees, housing accommodations are required within our conference hotel blocks. A block of rooms has been secured at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, the Signature at MGM Grand, and the Bellagio Las Vegas.
All hotel requests should be made during your online registration. You will be asked to select your arrival and departure dates and provide credit card information at time of request.
Online booking and the special group rate will be available through Monday, October 9, 2017 at 1:00pm Pacific Time to ensure the best economic hotel rates and availability. (After this date, rooms and discounted rates are subject to availability.) Managers should work with administrative support regarding new hires, partial week participation, schedule changes and cancellations.
Single rooms will be offered for ALL participants.
3799 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
145 E Harmon Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89109
3600 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Please note: If you prefer to share your room with a colleague, first review the Roommate Booking Policies and then select the "Double Occupancy" room type during Registration. ONLY ONE roommate will need to complete the housing request process. Roommate TWO should decline housing and offer the reason, "Sharing with a roommate, [name and alias of roommate]" when prompted.
- You may incur a $10-$50 charge per night for any additional person sharing the room.
Declining mandatory housing will require explanation (i.e. sharing with a roommate). Please disclose these details and requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis. For questions regarding housing, please reach out to email@example.com.
- A valid credit card is required to guarantee your hotel accommodations.
- A valid credit card and photo ID must be presented to the hotel at the time of check-in.
- In addition to the standard room rate, a $28 resort fee and taxes will be applicable for each night of stay.
- Attendees are responsible for paying all hotel charges upon check-out.
- Special requests (such as date extensions, bed type, and room location/view preference) cannot be guaranteed until the date of arrival or upon check-in.
Hotel Reservation Change and Cancellation Policy
- Through 1:00pm Pacific Time on Monday, October 9, 2017: Any changes/cancellations must be completed online or by contacting the registration team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beginning 5:00pm Pacific Time on Friday, October 13, 2017: Any changes/cancellations to your hotel reservation must be handled directly with the hotel.
- Any changes/cancellations to your hotel reservations must be made no later than 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date to avoid charges to your credit card of one night's room and tax up to the full cost of your stay.
- Failure to arrive on your scheduled arrival date will result in the cancellation of the remainder of your hotel reservation and charges to your credit card of one night's room and tax up to the full cost of your stay.
- If you have any specific housing questions, please contact the Housing Team at email@example.com.
Transportation between MGM Grand and Bellagio
Shuttles will be available each day for attendees staying at the Bellagio. Shuttles from the Bellagio will pick up from the Tour and Travel Lobby - located outside (from the hotel lobby) directly to the right - past the Valet/Bellman stands and down the escalator. At MGM Grand, shuttles will be located at the Grand Garden Arena in the East Lot.
The Bellagio - MGM Grand Garden Arena shuttle schedule is below.
|Date||Pick Up Location||Drop Off Location||Times|
|Monday, Oct 23||Bellagio - Tour & Travel Lobby||Grand Garden Arena - East Lot||4:00pm - 8:30pm|
|Tuesday, Oct 24||Bellagio - Tour & Travel Lobby||Grand Garden Arena - East Lot||6:30am - 8:00am|
|Tuesday, Oct 24||Grand Garden Arena - East Lot||Bellagio - Tour & Travel Lobby||6:00pm - 10:00pm|
|Wednesday, Oct 25||Bellagio - Tour & Travel Lobby||Grand Garden Arena - East Lot||6:30am - 8:00am|
|Wednesday, Oct 25||Grand Garden Arena - East Lot||Bellagio - Tour & Travel Lobby||6:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Thursday, Oct 26||Bellagio - Tour & Travel Lobby||
MGM Grand - Front Entrance
*Luggage storage will be available at the MGM Grand
|6:30am - 8:00am|